Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wedding Bells

My friends Mary and Ryan had asked my daughter Jordan to be a flower girl in their wedding along with Melissa (a friend of mine’s) daughter Francesca, and I was honored to do a reading from the book of Ecclesiastes.

Jordan’s goal was to walk down the aisle without the canes which normally assist her in walking. She looked absolutely beautiful – my baby girl is getting SO BIG !! Wow, do I sound like my mom.. (ha ha)Anyway, she was shaking because she was so nervous to walk that far. I imagine the butterflies she was feeling was similar to that which I experience before a race. Wanting to do a great job, to win and to perform well. Jordan wanted to do well, she didn’t want to fall. We talked about how well she did at Sammy’s Run only a few hours earlier and about doing her best (great lesson for me as my nerves are ramping up as IM Brazil is in 1 week).

Well Jordan performed like a star and everything went according to plan. We had a great time at the wedding and were so happy to see so many friends and to share this very special day with Ryan and Mary. I have known Ryan for a while now, he is a terrific guy – just joining the Navy and his new wife Mary is an absolute sweetheart. I wish them both all the best !!

Anyway enjoy some photos although this represents just half the fun. Previous to today’s wedding we had a girls date with Melissa and Fran to shop for dresses, shoes and socks as well as the spa day to have the hair and eye brows done. This day has been a whirlwind, it began with family participation in Sammy’s Run, then squeezing in a quick movie …. The kids all wanted to see the new Night at the Museum, (yes LOVE Taper Time) – see my previous post on that topic







2 comments:

  1. Awwww... Jordan looks so beautiful and what a little slice of inspiration she is! :o) You both looked fantastic! Gorgeous shot of the wedding party too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I just stumbled accross your blog on a sort of 'tenuous link' expedition starting with a fellow triathlete freind of mine, via Bree Wee. Always been a supporter of yours so I thought I'd stops and say hey.

    So, "Hey" and good luck at IM Brazil. Race fast :) and 'do your best'.

    And, i agree with the above comment your daughter does look beautiful, and what a smile.

    I bet she was as happy as you were proud. Good work Jordan!

    ReplyDelete