Sunday, July 12, 2009

Morton Plant - Family Fun !!

Most of my Lifesport friends and Teammates are racing a
Half today in Vancouver. GO GANG GO !! I had considered
going but local Race Director Philip LaHaye - who also directs
St. Anthony's invited me and my family to race his Sprint
Event Morton Plant Mease in Clearwater Florida, which was
the same day.

He always takes great care of us and its such a nice family
weekend get away. In the end I didnt want to miss it, nor
did I want to be away from my crew for too long ! The race
was fun and the weekend was great (see the pics). I finished
3rd behind Nina Kraft of Germany and Tamara Kozulinski
of the Czech Republic.

As a Long Distance Athlete it is so different to do a Sprint Race.
I keep thinking that doing more of them would be beneficial,
as its a fun way to work the "speed" needed for these type of
races.


My neighbor Stacy competed as well. Our families
had fun swimming together and we enjoyed a great
post race brunch. Watch out - she is going to be good!!!


Fellow Lifesport athlete Stephanie and I post race


Michelle Bonfe, a client and friend of ours !!
Awesome job Michelle - keep up the great work!


Help me name this one !!
I have been loving my great new ride from QR
but havent been able to come up with a name yet.
Can you help me????


My Support Team !!


Pool time with my oldest son Josh !!


Prncess Jordan and I enjoy a dip


My youngest Zach and I enjoy the spray from
a cool waterfall :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun race! Especially afterwards! I love that shot of you with your three kids.

    As for your bike name, I'm not good at this, but I'll give it a shot. I know this is probably too obvious, but "Little Roo" or "Big Roo". Makes me think of Roo from Winnie the Pooh. Anyway, for what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete