Saturday, January 24, 2009

KEAHOU 1 Wins First ½ Marathon Trail Run



Race Weekend: I wanted to go to The Challenge Trail ½ Marathon because so many friends were going. I love the trails (and cool trophies) and good quality swag! I had a long run planned, started with a two mile warm-up and ran the half at Tempo pace finishing just under 1:40 and then added on a few miles. While racing – or should I call it training – I was talking to Michael Dimick before he took off. He had a fantastic story; he is traveling around the U.S. running ½ marathons to raise money for charity – very cool.

Below is a picture along with Anne who works for Ironman and Monica Murphy. Monica is an athlete I coach from Louisville Kentucky and is here in Florida for a month and a half to escape the ice storms and train with her coach. She’s gotten the privilege of 5:30 am rides (yes, it’s still dark) long swims and runs where I am shouting good job and GO FASTER !!






No comments:

Post a Comment