Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Support Team Tony !!




A good friend and local hero here in Sarasota Florida to many Tony McEachern will soon begin his annual fundraising walk - the "Walk of Life" Please take a moment to read a little about Tony and his upcoming adventure.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE WALK of LIFE?

After having lost 95% of his left peripheral vision and losing the ability to comfortably ride a bike but still a competitive athlete, Tony McEachern was not content to let his spirit fade away. He chose to celebrate his life and reinforce to others that they could too, no matter what particular challenges they faced in their life.

"On April 25th, 6 years after my diagnosis, I will begin a 750 mile, 35 day long journey with families, friends and doctors at The Annual 5k Angel's Among Us Fundraiser held at Duke University Medical Center. I will then continue on my Walk of Life all the way back home to Sarasota, Florida.

My goal is two-fold: First, I plan to raise $100,000 for The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke to whom I'm indebted to for my life, in the hope that it will enable them to do for others what they have done for me. My second goal is to meet more people, to share my adventure, and to learn about theirs. Hopefully, you too will join me along the way and take the Walk of Life"

Tony has teamed up with TRAKKERS GPS so that everyone can follow his daily progress. Be sure to visit www.teamtony.org/ to share in his journey !!

Thanks for all you do Tony - We Love You !!!

2 comments: